- Preventing Identity Theft
- ATM Security
- Privacy Notice
- Social Engineering Schemes
- Online Banking Tips
Peoples State BankLivingston
2700 Hwy 190 West
PO Box 1800
Livingston, TX 77351
T: (936) 967-2323
F: (936) 967-2424
Email the Bank Shepherd
5850 Hwy 59 South
PO Box 1287
Shepherd, TX 77371
T: (936) 628-3312
F: (936) 628-6658
Email the Bank Coldspring
15001 Hwy 150 W
Coldspring, TX 77331
T: (936) 653-5193
F: (936) 653-5196
Email the Bank
As with all financial transactions, please exercise discretion when using an ATM or night deposit facility. For your own safety, be careful. The following suggestions may be helpful.
- Prepare for your transactions at home (for instance, by filling out a deposit slip) to minimize your time at the ATM or night deposit facility.
- Mark each transaction in your account record, but not while at the ATM or night deposit facility. Always save your ATM receipts. Don’t leave them at the ATM or night deposit facility because they may contain important account information.
- Compare your records with the account statements you receive.
- Don’t lend your ATM card to anyone.
- Remember, do not leave your card at the ATM. Do not leave any documents at a night deposit facility.
- Protect the secrecy of your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Protect your ATM card as though it were cash. Don’t tell anyone your PIN. Don’t give anyone information regarding your ATM card or PIN over the telephone. Never enter your PIN in any ATM that does not look genuine, has been modified, has a suspicious device attached, or is operating in a suspicious manner. Don’t write your PIN where it can be discovered. For example, don’t keep a note of your PIN in your wallet or purse.
- Prevent others from seeing you enter your PIN by using your body to shield the view.
- If you lose your ATM card or if it stolen, promptly notify us. You should consult the other disclosures you have received about electronic funds transfers for additional information about what to do if your card is lost or stolen.
- When you make a transaction, be aware of your surroundings. Look out for suspicious activity near the ATM or night deposit facility, particularly if it is after sunset. At night, be sure that the facility (including the parking area and walkways) is well lighted. Consider having someone accompany you when you use the facility, especially after sunset. If you observe any problem, go to another ATM or night depository facility.
- Don’t accept assistance from anyone you don’t know when using an ATM or night deposit facility.
- If you notice anything suspicious or if any other problems arise after you have begun an ATM transaction, you may want to cancel the transaction, pocket your card and leave. You might consider using another ATM or coming back later.
- Don’t display your cash; pocket it as soon as the ATM transaction is completed and count the cash later when you are in the safety of your own car, home, or other secure surrounding.
- At a drive-up facility, make sure all the car doors are locked and all of the windows are rolled up, except the driver’s window. Keep the engine running and remain alert to your surroundings.
- We want the ATM and night deposit facility to be safe and convenient for you. Therefore, please tell us if you know of any problem with a facility. For instance, let us know if a light is not working or there is any damage to a facility. Please report any suspicious activity or crimes to both the operator of the facility and the local law enforcement officials immediately.